Protein analysis for Food / Feed
Eurosequence offers a broad range of individual protein and amino acid analyses services that are
very useful for the characterization of protein or peptide containing foods like protein content; free
amino acid content of beer, juices; specific properties and peptide profiles in Food / Feed applications
like hypo-allergenic (baby) foods.
Most relevant type of analysis are listed below.
- Amino Acid Analysis (AAA) both hydrolyzed and/or unhydrolyzed sample for respectively
protein concentration or free amino acid protein concentration determinations (molar ratios
of amino acids)
- Peptide mapping / LC profiling, or LC-MS / MS or off-line HPLC / MALDI-TOF MS/MS for extensive characterization of peptides present in complex protein hydrolysates
- Identification of post-translational modifications e.g. acetylation, glycosylation,
phosphorylation of peptides present in protein hydrolysates.
- Molecular weight distribution / Aggregation analysis using SEC-HPLC
- Hypoallergenic Food Analysis: We offer a unique service for the determination of peptide
lengths and their relative abundances in (very) complex mixtures like protein hydrolysates
for the development of hypo-allergenic (baby) food.